Target phone numbers entered into Enquire CRM to help assess your marketing efforts.
Step 1: Add fields and activity type to Enquire CRM
To see the information coming from CallTrackingMetrics, an admin will need to add a couple of fields and an activity type:
- Click Admin on the left menu.
- On the next page, click Form Builder
- From the list of available forms, click either the General Information form or the Sales & Marketing Information form
- The form builder page will be split into two sections, on the left side where your existing fields are, scroll to the bottom so you see the last field and the white space beneath it. On the right side, keep toggled to the Input tab and click and drag in a Text Input field and a Date Input field over to the blank space beneath the last existing field. You will see a grey area appear to let you know where you will be putting this field. Release the left mouse button. Note that you can put these fields anywhere you would like on a form.
- We will need one of these fields to be called Call Campaign and the other to be called Call Campaign Date. For the Call Campaign field, click on the field you just added with the generic name of Text Field and a pop over will appear. Leave the ID/Name field as is, change the Label Text from Text Input to Call Campaign, remove the text in the Placeholder and Help Text fields, make sure the Required checkbox is unchecked and click Save. Follow the same steps for the Date Input field, but change the Label Text from Date Input to Call Campaign Date and leave the Placeholder text as is. Click Save in the upper right to commit these changes. Please note that these field names are case sensitive and must be spelled correctly. Make sure everything is spelled and capitalized properly to ensure CallTrackingMetrics information populates correctly.
- Click Types on the left menu of the Admin section
- From the types drop down, choose Activity Types
- In the Name field, type Call In - Call Campaign and from the Master Type drop down, choose Call In. Click the blue + Add button. Please note, this activity type name must be spelled and capitalized properly with an Activity Master Type of Call In. This will ensure an activity is created correctly.
Step 2: Obtain your CallTrackingMetrics API Information
Setting up the CallTrackingMetrics integration with Enquire CRM requires your Access Key, Secret Key, and Account ID.
- Log in to your account at https://www.calltrackingmetrics.com/
- In the upper right, click Settings. Note that when clicking settings, you'll be able to find your Account ID.
- Your Access Key, Secret Key (Client Secret), and Account ID will be located in the API Integrations section on the next page.
Step 3: Add your API Information to the Plug-in Page
- Click Admin on the left menu
- Click Plug-ins on the left menu
- Because this integration is community specific, click into the Community drop down at the top of the Plug-in page and choose the desired community
- Scroll down and locate the CallTrackingMetrics plugin from the list of available integrations, click the blue + Add button and then click Settings
- On the Plugin settings pop over, enter your Secret Key into the Client Secret field, your Access Key into the API Key field, your Account ID into the Portal ID field, and enter https://api.calltrackingmetrics.com into the Endpoint field. Click Save Changes.
Entering your Access Key, Secret Key, and Account ID finishes the setup process and your CallTrackingMetrics account is now connected to Enquire CRM!
How does CallTrackingMetrics work with Enquire CRM?
The CallTrackingMetrics integration is designed to help you best understand where your marketing efforts are most effective by matching targeted phone numbers with campaigns you have set up in CallTrackingMetrics. When entering leads with phone numbers, Enquire CRM will attempt to match phone numbers with phone numbers in your CallTrackingMetrics account and return the associated Call Campaign, Call Campaign Date and create an activity documenting the activity with a result of Contact Made if the call was answered or a result of Attempt if the call wasn't answered.
Note: If you would like to know more about the Form Builder, check out our Customizing the Form Builder article. If you would like to know more about creating and updating types in Enquire CRM, check out our Updating Dropdown Types article. If you have any questions regarding this integration or think something isn't working as it should, reach out to us at email@example.com.