Setup Microsoft Exchange Integration
You need an Exchange server with Exchange Web Services availability. We support both on-premise Exchange and Hosted Exchange implementations.
By integrating with Microsoft Exchange, users can sync their calendar and email from Outlook and other mobile devices with Enquire CRM.
If you have questions about sending as email permissions refer to Microsoft's How to Grant the Send As Permission for a Mailbox article.
What we need to integrate Enquire CRM with Exchange:
1. Access to EWS (Exchange Web Services) and your EWS URL. Please note this is NOT needed if you are on Office 365.
You can use (https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/) to auto discover your URL if you do not know it.
You can also open Exchange Management Shell on your server and type the following command:
- Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory |Select name, *url* | fl
- The url will end with a ".asmx"
2. Our server will need an Enquire CRM user created on your exchange server with delegate or impersonation access to the users that will need synchronization between Enquire CRM and Exchange. We do NOT require full impersonation or full delegate access.
Permissions needed for the delegate/impersonation user:
- Read/write permissions for the Calendar folder.
- Read/write permissions for the Tasks folder.
- Optional - Permissions to compose email (recommended for more functionality in EnquireLEADS)
3. Send in a ticket to Support@enquiresolutions.com with the following information:
- Your EWS URL
- Your current version of Exchange (please specify if you are using Office 365 instead)
- The credentials for the Enquire CRM user created on your Exchange server
- How the Enquire CRM user was created - either with Impersonation or Delegation
We support the following versions of Microsoft Exchange:
- Exchange 2010
- Exchange 2010 SP1
- Exchange 2010 SP2
- Exchange 2013
- Exchange 2016
- Office 365