Step 1: Obtain your HubSpot API Key
- Register or Login to your HubSpot account.
- Obtain your HubSpot API Key by Navigating to HubSpot Settings -> Integrations -> API Key (Example Pictured);
- While in this same page of HubSpot Settings, In the Address URL Bar of your browser, the "Portal Id" value we require will be present (Example Pictured);
- If it doesn't exist already, Setup the "community" Property for Contacts/Contact Information inside HubSpot (Reference - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties);
- On the last step of creation, please choose 'Dropdown Select' as the Field Type and enter each of your company's locations/communities that are wanting the integration. (NameUnique values can be found by clicking on the Community Details Pages in Enquire and clicking the 'Summary' tab)
Step 2: Add your API information to the Plug-ins page in Enquire
- Click Admin on the left menu.
- Click Plug-ins on the left Admin menu.
- Staying on the '--All Community--' option of the Community Dropdown, locate the HubSpot plugin from the list of available integrations, click the blue + Add button, then click Settings.
- On the Plugin Settings pop-up, enter the following:
Your HubSpot API Key for the API Key field,
Your HubSpot Portal Id for the Portal Id field,
https://api.hubapi.com for the Endpoint field
Other fields are to be left blank.
Setup HubSpot Webform/Workflow/Webhook
Note: You only need to follow these setup steps if you would like to use a HubSpot Form to push individuals into Enquire CRM.
Step 1: Create your HubSpot Webform
- Log in to your HubSpot account.
- Along the top menu, click Marketing, then click Forms.
- Create a new Form (Contact Us / Blank Template) with the following Form Fields / Contact Properties (may need to be created if not already-created/selectable):
*First Name (firstname),
*Last Name (lastname),
Care Level (care_level),
Zip Code (zip),
Market Source (market_source),
Individual Type (individualtype),
Activity Type (activity_type),
Activity Description (activity_description),
Activity Result (activity_result)
* Indicates required
(Other properties are optional. Almost all Properties can be marked hidden and/or have a default value set if needed)
Alert: The Activity Type and Activity Result must match the types and results in Enquire, otherwise the activity will not be created.
(Activity Types can be found here - https://account.enquiresolutions.com/type/?typeId=7 and
Activity Results can be found here - https://account.enquiresolutions.com/type/?typeId=38)
💡 Your community's NameUnique is a unique identifier specifically for your community. This ensures that individuals are sent to the correct community. If you aren't sure where to find your community's NameUnique, follow our help desk article on Locating your Community UniqueName
Step 2: Obtain your Enquire API Subscription Keys
- Register or Log in at https://developer.enquiresolutions.com
Note: If you need to register for Enquire's API, make sure you register for API 3.0.
- Once you have successfully registered, click your name in the upper right, click Profile.
- To the right of your Primary key for your 3.0 subscription, click the Show button to view your API Key.
Step 3: Create your HubSpot Workflow/Webhook
- Your Enquire Primary API 3.0 Subscription Key
- Your Enquire Portal Id
- Click Automation, then Workflows.
- Click Create workflow in the upper right.
- Choose the Enrollment Trigger for the workflow (Any Form Submission/Specific Form Submission)
- Click the small plus sign (+) and in the Select an action search field, search for Trigger a webhook.
- Create the Webhook with the POST Method using the URL of: https://account.enquiresolutions.com/api2/hubspotwebhook?subscription-key=12345a567cb84ff45&PortalId=xxx. (where the subscription-key=Your Enquire Primary API 3.0 Subscription Key; and PortalId=Your Enquire Portal Id)
- Click Save.
Sync lists to HubSpot
- Create a list using Enquire CRM's Advanced Search. Make sure to include the filter of Addresses --> Has Email --> Yes. An email address is required for individuals to sync to HubSpot.
- Once your list is created, click People on the left menu, click Lists.
- In the Sync? column for the lists you would like to sync with HubSpot, click the OFF switch to the ON position.
View HubSpot Display
- On a profile, click the Plug-ins menu item along the top of the profile.
- To the right of the HubSpot option, click View Activity.
- Expand each section to view details about the individual.
- Make sure that you have followed the setup steps above and that the list you are syncing includes the filter of Addresses --> Has Email --> Yes. Each individual in a list must have an email address for a list to successfully sync to HubSpot.
Note: If any individual in your list doesn't have an email address or a valid email address, the list in its entirety will not sync.
- Make sure that all parts of every individual's email is spelled correctly. For example: If an individual's email is entered as email@example.com, the entire list with this individual will fail to sync because it should be @gmail.com.
Ensure the activity Type and Result match exactly what you have in Enquire including capitalization and spacing.