Step 1: Obtain your MailChimp API information
- Register or Log In to your MailChimp account
- Follow MailChimp's about API Keys article to find your API Key.
Step 2: Add your API information to the Plug-ins page
- Click Admin on the left menu.
- Click Plug-ins on the left Admin menu.
- The MailChimp integration is community specific. This means that you will need to add the MailChimp plugin for each of the desired communities by clicking into the community drop down at the top of the Plug-ins page.
- Click the blue + Add button to the right of the MailChimp plugin, click Settings.
- In the Plugin Settings pop up, add your MailChimp API Key including the -us## to the API Key field and click Save Changes. (The Endpoint field should be left blank)
Sync Lists to MailChimp
- On the left menu, click People, then Lists
- In the Sync? column for any list you would like to sync with MailChimp, click the OFF switch to the ON position.
The specified lists will now begin syncing with MailChimp.
Note: An email address for each individual in a list is required in order for that list to sync. Add the Addresses > Has Email > Yes criteria to ensure your list only contains individuals with an email address.
There are a couple reasons a list isn't syncing to MailChimp:
- Once the sync for a list is turned on, it can take a short while for the list to sync to MailChimp.
- An email address is required for each individual on a list that is syncing to MailChimp. If an individual doesn't have an email address, the entire list will not sync. We recommend adding the Addresses > Has Email > Yes criteria to each list to ensure only individuals with an email address are returned.