Step 1: Obtain Act-On API information
- Sign up for an Act-On developer account by visiting https://developer.act-on.com/
- Shortly after signing up for an Act-On developer account, you will be sent an email from Act-On containing your Client ID and Client Secret.
Note: Please send an email to support @enquiresolutions with the Client ID and Client Secret. If you are unable to locate the original email containing your Act-On Client ID and Client Secret. Please submit a support ticket through Act-On's support center.
Step 2: Add Act-On to Enquire CRM
- Navigate back to your Enquire CRM dashboard and click Settings on the left menu and then click Your Settings.
- Along the top, you will now see an option for Act-On [Your Community Name]. Click this tab.
- Enter in your Act-On Username and Password, check the Active checkbox and click Save.
All integrations require an Enquire team member to complete setup of the Plugins. Please reach out to your Enquire Account Manager or Support Team at email@example.com for further assistance.
View Activity History on a Profile
- On a profile, click the Plug Ins button and you will now see the Act-On plugin listed.
- Clicking the View Activity link will display a pop up of this profile's information in Act-On.
Sync Campaigns to Act-On
- On the left menu, click Campaigns
- In the Sync? column for any campaign you would like to sync with Act-On, click the OFF switch to the ON position.
The specified campaigns will now begin syncing with Act-On.
Note: Due to Act-On call limits, after the initial sync of a campaign, syncing will only occurr when a change has been made. Example: An individual has changed from a status of Invited to RSVP.
Sync Lists to Act-On
- On the left menu, click People, then Lists
- In the Sync? column for any list you would like to sync with Act-On, click the OFF switch to the ON position.
The specified lists will now begin syncing with Act-On.
Note: Due to Act-On call limits, after the initial sync of a list, syncing will only occur when a change has been made. Example: A new person has been added to a list.
- Act-On allows only a certain number of calls per hour.
- Make sure you don't have two lists or campaigns with the same name. Lists or campaigns with identical names will continually overwrite each other.
- Make sure every individual in your list has or campaign has a valid email address. You can use the Addresses > Has Email parameter when creating your list to ensure only individuals with an email address are added to the list.
- I'm not seeing some individuals on lists or campaigns in Act-On
Enquire will never delete individuals from a list or campaign. We recommend verifying that the individual wasn't removed from the list or campaign within Act-On.
- When I click the Act-On Composer link, the screen isn't loading
Make sure the individual you are trying to view in Act-On is either the Prospect or Resident on the case. Enquirer's integration with Act-On will only display information for the Prospect or Resident on a case. Contacts are not currently supported with our Act-On integration.