Step 1: Obtain Act-On API information
- Sign up for an Act-On developer account by visiting https://developer.act-on.com/
- Shortly after signing up for an Act-On developer account, you will be sent an email from Act-On containing your Client ID and Client Secret.
Note: If you are unable to locate the original email containing your Act-On Client ID and Client Secret. Please submit a support ticket through Act-On's support center.
Step 2: Add your API information to the Plug-in page
- Click Admin on the left menu.
- Click Plug-ins on the left Admin menu.
- The Act-On integration is community specific, this means that you will need to click into the Community drop down at the top of the Plug-in page and add the Act-On plug for each of the desired communities.
- Scroll down and locate the Act-On plugin from the list of available integrations, click the blue + Add button and then click Settings.
- On the Plugin Settings pop over, enter your Client Id, Client Secret, and Endpoint into the corresponding fields. Enter your Act-On username and password into the Username and Password fields. Click Save Changes.
Note: Make sure the protocol for your endpoint is set as https:// and not http://. This will ensure the Act-On activity modal on a profile loads correctly.
Step 3: Add Act-On to Enquire CRM
- Navigate back to your Enquire CRM dashboard and click Settings on the left menu and then click Your Settings.
- Along the top, you will now see an option for Act-On [Your Community Name]. Click this tab.
- Enter in your Act-On Username and Password, check the Active checkbox and click Save.
View Activity History on a Profile
- On a profile, click the Plug Ins button and you will now see the Act-On plugin listed.
- Clicking the View Activity link will display a pop up of this profile's information in Act-On.
Sync Campaigns to Act-On
- On the left menu, click Campaigns
- In the Sync? column for any campaign you would like to sync with Act-On, click the OFF switch to the ON position.
The specified campaigns will now begin syncing with Act-On.
Note: Due to Act-On call limits, after the initial sync of a campaign, syncing will only occurr when a change has been made. Example: An individual has changed from a status of Invited to RSVP.
Sync Lists to Act-On
- On the left menu, click People, then Lists
- In the Sync? column for any list you would like to sync with Act-On, click the OFF switch to the ON position.
The specified lists will now begin syncing with Act-On.
Note: Due to Act-On call limits, after the initial sync of a list, syncing will only occur when a change has been made. Example: A new person has been added to a list.
- Act-On allows only a certain number of calls per hour. You can view Act-On logs in the Admin section by clicking Plug-ins on the left menu, choosing the desired community from the drop down, scroll down to the Act-On plug in and click Logs. This will display queued items.
- Make sure you don't have two lists or campaigns with the same name. Lists or campaigns with identical names will continually overwrite eachother.
- Make sure every individual in your list has or campaign has a valid email address. You can use the Addresses > Has Email parameter when creating your list to ensure only individuals with an email address are added to the list.
Act-On sync logs can be found by going to Admin > Plug-ins > Act-On > Logs.
These logs will display lists and campaigns that are queued for syncing or have completed syncing.
Enquire will never delete individuals from a list or campaign. We recommend verifying that the individual wasn't removed from the list or campaign within Act-On.
Make sure the individual you are trying to view in Act-On is either the Prospect or Resident on the case. Enquire's integration with Act-On will only display information for the Prospect or Resident on a case. Contacts are not currently supported with our Act-On integration.