You will first need to retrieve your Client Id, Client Secret, Endpoint, Username, and Password from Act-On.
This requires a free developer account from Act-On. You can sign up for an Act-On developer account by visiting https://developer.act-on.com/
- Act-On sync logs can be found by going to Admin --> Plugins --> Act-On --> Logs.
- Lists and campaigns sync over to Act-On if the sync button is enabled
- EnquireLEADS never deletes people off of lists in Act-On.
- Lists and campaigns only sync if an update is made to the them (i.e. a new person is added to a list). This is because Act-On has API call limits so syncing is initiated only when a change is made.
Add Act-On to EnquireLEADS
- Click Admin on the left menu.
- Click Plug-ins on the left menu.
- Navigate to Act-On and click Add
- Click Settings
- In the Plugin Settings pop up, fill out the necessary fields and click Save Changes.
- Once you have added your Act-On credentials to the Admin section, navigate back to your EnquireLEADS dashboard and click Settings on the left menu and then click Your Settings.
- Along the top, you will now see an option for Act-On [Your Community Name]. Click this tab.
- Enter in your Act-On Username and Password, check the Active checkbox and click Save.
Once you have the Act-On setup completed, you will now be able to view a lead through the Act-On plugin.
- On a profile, click the Plug Ins button and you will now see the Act-On plugin listed.
- Clicking the View Activity link will show you a pop up of this profile's information in Act-On.
NOTE: Your Username and Password are what you use to log in to Act-On, NOT EnquireLEADS.
1. Why is my list not syncing?
There are a few reasons why this could be happening:
- Act-On allows only a certain number of calls per hour. Check the logs in Admin --> Plugins to see if your list is queued up
- Make sure you don't have two lists or campaigns with the same name. These will continually stomp each other.