Follow this setup guide to have your Google Calendar and Gmail sync with Enquire CRM.
Note: If you or your Systems Administrator have any questions regarding the steps below. Please contact email@example.com.
Setup in Google
- Your company must use Google Apps, this setup does not work for single Gmail Accounts.
- While any Gmail user can be used for authentication, it is recommend to create a new Gmail account specifically for the Enquire CRM integration.
Enabling Google Apps API
- Sign in to the Google Admin Console.
- From the dashboard, click Security.
- Scroll down and click on the API controls section.
- Click Manage Domain Wide Delegation located under the Domain Wide Delegation section.
- Click Add New at the top of the section to add a new API Client.
- In the pop up window enter in the following Client ID and Scopes.
- Click Authorize.
Setup in Enquire
You can provide our Enquire Support team with the Gmail username and password used to setup the API access in Google by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow these steps to finish setup yourself.
- Click Admin.
- Click Exchange.
- In the upper right, click the + Add Exchange Server button.
- On the form, in the Exchange Version drop down, choose Gmail. In the Name field, enter a name for the server (i.e. Your Company Gmail), in the Url field, enter https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar, and in the Impersonation User and Impersonation Password fields, enter the username and password for the Google admin account you used to setup the API/integration access.
- Click Save.
- Validate all users that will be utilizing the Google Calendar/Gmail sync have been added to the Accounts section. All users will be added with a status of Pending in the Calendar Status and Email Status columns.
- To the far right of the Google server you just created, click the red sync icon. This will initiate the sync process, but please allow up to one hour for the sync to complete depending on the number of users and activities.
- Once the sync has finished, the status window will display sync results for each account and the Calendar status for each user will be updated based on the results of their sync:
- The Email Status column will display Pending until the user attempts to send an email to an individual or you may test the send email functionality by clicking the blue send test email envelope button to the right of the user's account.
This will send an email to the user with the From and To as themselves and a body with the text: "This is a test email sent from the Enquire CRM to validate your email settings. It was initiated by an administrator or support user. No action or response is required." and update the status in the Email Status column based on the results: