Text Surveys allow you to send custom surveys to individuals.
Creating a Survey
Surveys are created using custom questions and responses.
Note: Only Admins can create Surveys.
- From the Admin menu, click Survey.
- In the upper right of the page, click the + Add Survey button.
- Enter a survey name.
- Enter the question you would like to ask. This should include the type of response you are expecting. For example: Thank you for visiting our community today! On a scale from 1 to 5, how would you rate your visit?. This lets the recipient know you are expecting the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.
- Add a response based on your question. You can add more responses by clicking the add response link . The response section is split into three parts:
- Response: The response you are expecting from the survey recipient.
- Text: A follow up question or message that will be sent based on the Response. Just like the Question field, this should include the type of response you are expecting.
- Next Step: This is a drop down containing a list of available questions. If a question is selected, that question will be sent.
Note: If you would like a response to be where the survey exits, leave the Next Step drop down blank.
- Add more questions if needed by clicking the add question link .
- When you're finished, Click Save.
Alert: Before clicking save make sure to proof read all questions and responses. After a survey has been sent to any individual, it can no longer be edited.
Note: Text surveys in Enquire have built in unsubscribe functionality for English-language reply messages. At any point, if a recipient replies with with a message such as STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END, or QUIT they will be unsubscribed from all future surveys. Recipients can opt back in to receiving messages using START or UNSTOP.
Send a Survey
- Navigate to a profile you would like to send a Survey to. Make sure the individual has a phone number in the Mobile/Cell Phone field.
- Click the Survey menu item along the top of the profile.
- To the right of any survey, click the grey drop down button to the right of the Start button. Select the phone number you would like to send the survey to.
- Once initiated, you will see a timeline for the questions and responses to your survey.
Note: An individual can only have one active survey going at any given time. The survey must either be completed or stopped before sending another.
Stop a Survey
Manually stop a survey
You can stop a survey currently waiting a response.
- To the right of any in progress survey, click the grey Stop button.
- The survey will then be stopped and display who it was stopped by.
Automatically stopped surveys
If a survey goes unanswered for 7 days, the survey will automatically be stopped.
Text Survey Best Practices
- Keep surveys to a minimal number of questions, but no fewer than two questions.
- Succinct, short questions are best. Recipients might answer before reading all of the text if the question is too long.
- Request short or one character/number responses from recipients. Like 1 through 5 and Yes or No.
- Keep response options to a minimum. For examle, if you are requesting a numeric scale, try to keep the options to 1 through 5 versus 1 through 10. This will help your survey stay small and easy to manage.
- If you would like to ask an open ended question, we recommend adding an email address to your final response or direct the recipient to a website. For example: Thank you for your time. If you would like to provide more detail please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit yourcompany.com/feedback.
The following screenshot shows a simple follow up survey asking about the recipient's recent tour.