The Admissions Checklist is a customizable list of items used to track the steps of admitting a patient to your facilities.
Setting up the admissions checklist will require Admin permissions to create admission checklist items and activities.
Add checklist items
Note: The Admissions Checklist is community specific. You will need to repeat the following steps for each community needing an Admissions Checklist.
- Click Admin
- Click Admissions
- Click into the Community drop down and select the community you would like to create an Admissions Checklist for.
- Click the blue Add button and a Name and Description field will appear.
- Enter a name for the checklist item and description of what the checklist item is (both are required), and click Save.
Edit a checklist item
To edit a checklist item, click the current field value with a blue dotted underline, update your values and click the blue check mark to save your changes. To discard changes, click the grey "x" button.
Delete a checklist item
To delete a checklist item, click the red trash can icon to the far right of the item you would like to delete.
Create checklist activities
The Admission Checklist will create and cancel activities for a checklist item if an activity type with the same name as the checklist item exists. For example, if you have a checklist item named "Verify Insurance", you will also need to create an activity type named "Verify Insurance" to create an activity when a checklist item is completed and cancel the activity if the checklist item is cancelled.
Note: If you have questions about creating types in Enquire, you can review our Updating Dropdown Types article or reach out to your Enquire account manager.
Using the Admission Checklist
The Admission checklist is found by clicking the Admission menu item along the top of an individual profile.
Each checklist item will have the following:
- Status Indicator - Denotes if the checklist item has is incomplete, complete, or cancelled/not applicable (N/A)
Indicator Status The checklist item is incomplete. The checklist item has been completed. The checklist item has been cancelled or is not applicable for the patient.
- Notes - An optional field to enter more information for the checklist item and patient.
- What happened?- A required field to choose the result of the checklist item. This will be a list of your company's current Activity Resolutions and may be filtered if your company is using Activity Result Tiering.
Complete a checklist item
Fill out the Notes field and choose a resolution and click the green "Complete" button.
The checklist item will now be complete. A green complete banner will display with the date of completion and the user that completed the item.
And a completed activity with the same name as the checklist item will be created (if setup).
Cancel a checklist item
If a checklist item has already been completed, you can cancel it by clicking the red "Incomplete" button.
The checklist item will return to a status of incomplete, but will retain the values entered in the Notes and Result drop down (this is to retain historical data) and the corresponding activity will be cancelled.
Mark a checklist item as not applicable
If a checklist item doesn't apply to the individual, you can mark the item as not applicable by clicking the grey "N/A" button.
The checklist item will be marked as "N/A" with a banner displaying the date the item was marked N/A and the user that marked the item as N/A.