Creating an Affiliate Link Campaign while in Enquire MAP
Enquire MAP enable the User to create a campaign to send unique URLs / links to affiliates so they may have the opportunity to market products and services.
Affiliate Program Campaign Setup Example
In this example, we will build a very simple affiliate program, and the process is:
1. Affiliates need to fill out a form to become an affiliate.
2. They are then sent a unique affiliate URL to provide the means to market the products and services.
3. Any time someone converts from the affiliate link, a notification is sent to the affiliate.
The following steps will guide the user through building the affiliate campaign:
- Create an Affiliate Link/ URL by navigating to Administration > Account Settings > Account Setup tab > Affiliate Links section.
- Click the New Affiliate Link button, give it a name and the URL the User will want the affiliate link to direct to. Click Save.
- Create a Drip Campaign by providing it a title then use the Form Submitted trigger.
- Select the Affiliate Signup Web Form. In the campaign workflow, select the Affiliate Signup Web for the Form Submit trigger. This form is required to proceed. Please connect with Enquire MAP Support if there are any questions.
- Select the Email Template and insert the Affiliate Link. An email will have to be created or this action before activating the campaign if not already done. For this step in the example, Enquire has already created a basic email to use to send out the affiliate links. In order to insert the correct affiliate link into the email, Enquire created this URL in Step 1 above where an Affiliate Link API Key was generated:
If there is more than one affiliate link in the Account Settings, the appropriate Affiliate Link API Key is required in order to select the correct link for the email. If the User only has one, it will be the only option as shown in the video link below: https://www.screencast.com/t/tMzW3mWcUBfY
- Setup The Workflow where in this step, the User needs to add two items to our workflow:
- A "Wait For Change" decision.
- A notification email that will go to the affiliate anytime someone converts using their affiliate link.
Add The "Wait For Change" Decision To The Workflow which is a decision right after the initial email send to the affiliate. The name was changed to an appropriate title, we have set the Query context to Global then built the query as shown in the image below. This query will look for an affiliate link click that took place after the initial email to the affiliate was sent out.
- Add a Second Email Prospect Action. An email will need to be created for this step, the User needs to do that at some point before activating the campaign. In this step, we have dragged the Email Prospect action into the workflow after the decision. Please Note: We have made a loop here between the decision and the last email action. This is important as we always want to be checking for link clicks. What this logic is saying is the following: "Wait for a link click, Email the prospect when a click happens, Wait again for a link click, etc."
- Press the New Email button to select the email or to start building it.
- Test the Campaign & Activate. Now that the form is built, emails created, affiliate link generated, and workflow in place, the User can start testing it. Submit the form and look for a unique link in the email then click it. Verify that it works!
How are unique links generated when I only made one affiliate link? This happens behind the scenes in Enquire MAP. The affiliate link will be appended with unique parameters before it is emailed to the affiliate.
Please reach out to the dedicated Enquire Account Manager or Enquire MAP Support team for further assistance.