Using Dynamic Images to Show a Prospect Their Cityscape
The image at the bottom of a landing page changes based on where in the world you're browsing our website from.
What is the Best Approach
Dynamic Images provide personalized images to the User's prospects, making them a powerful tool for marketing initiatives. Utilizing dynamic images in multiple areas including emails, landing pages, web forms, or the Company website further promotes brand awareness.
Personalize the web page to display an image of the cityscape through location using GEO-IP which refers to the method of locating a computer terminal's geographic location by identifying that terminal's IP address. Though GeoIP can pinpoint a terminal's location to a city, it requires the use of a GeoIP database as well as an understanding of APIs to implement correctly. For example, if the prospect is based in New York, and they open a dynamic image, an image of New York is displayed.
One way to serve a dynamic image by location is by using Enquire MAP's Current Activity: GEO IP State/Province filter in our query builder. This query filter will track the location or GEO-IP of the State/Province where the image is being opened from, and serve an image you choose by following these steps:
- Select a default image. The default image will display when prospects do not match any of the criteria for the other cityscapes you will be adding. Example: If the User is targeting New York but the prospect is located elsewhere, it will show that specific default image.
- Navigate to Assets > Image Library > Select the Dynamic images tab and click Default Image
- Click +Select Files to add a cityscape image. After you have added a default image, select Add Version then an image of a cityscape to display.
- Click Save to display the Edit Targeting button.
- Add the location targeting by using the Edit Targeting button. Select Current Activity: GEO IP State/Province from the drop-down menu to filter by location of province or state. If placing the image into an email and the contact address is recorded with the contact's organization, it is suggested to use Organization: Province/State instead. Please Note: Other filters that target location are available depending on the scenario, including organization location, or targeting by city.
In this particular case, we will target GEO-IP activity based in the state of New York, by using the name and abbreviation along with the 'Is One Of' filter option that allows the User to reference multiple ways a province/state may be typed.
Using the name and abbreviation along with the Delimited By filter option separates the filter values typed in with a semicolon. This ensures that NY and New York is not seen as a single string (NY;New York). The use of a semicolon separates multiple values.
Using the dynamic image to show how to best serve the dynamic image. If building an asset with our platform's builder, the User can select the picture under Dynamic Images tab and apply it to the web forms, landing pages, or emails.
If you would like to serve this image in another format, reference the Source URL to serve the image.
Finally, the image should now display to visitors with a current Geo-IP activity based in New York. If your visitor matches the query filter that was applied (I.E., activity from an IP based in New York), the asset should now display the appropriate cityscape image. Multiple versions can be applied to the dynamic images to effectively target stories to the prospects. Below, we have applied the default image, and dynamically loaded the New York cityscape in an Enquire MAP.
The Enquire MAP query builder is a powerful tool for personalizing web content to the Company prospects. There are multiple ways to target based on location or other criteria that better suit your Company's requirements. One particular method is tracking by GEO-IP and using Latitude to target an area within a State/Province.
Below, we target Dallas by using the Current Activity: Latitude filter within Texas. The below query allows us to target Dallas and the surrounding towns or areas without having to specify them with smaller filter criteria (For example, Current Activity: City).
Targeting Dallas and its surrounding area
Targeting Houston and its surrounding area
Please reach out to the dedicated Enquire Account Manager or Enquire MAP Support team for further assistance.