Defining Email Blocks, Bounces, and Drops While in Enquire MAP
A block to an email is when the email server that the User is sending the email to is refused. There are many reasons for this:
- Addressee might decide the email is Spam
- Identify the email as a violation to an internal policy
- Addressee may no longer exist on the mail server
A bounced email is an email that will be sent back because of some error. Bounces can be categorized as:
- Soft-bounces are 4xx error level and are often temporary, and will reach the recipients email server then be sent back due to a full destination inbox, a server error, or an email address that no longer exists
- Hard-bounces are 5xx error level and are permanent failures; hard bounces will be sent back because of an invalid address
A drop is if it has already bounced, or if it is invalid. These occur to help protect sender reputation.
Please reach out to the dedicated Enquire Account Manager or Enquire MAP Support team for further assistance.