How to Resolve Email Error Messages in Enquire MAP
Simple Answer: Add an Employee to the Sales Distribution List!!
Leads are sent to EVERYONE listed on the Sales Distribution contact list. If there are not any contacts in the Sales Distribution list, an error message will occur and repeat emails will arrive stating that there is an error and that the User is not sending leads.
- Navigate to Contacts > Contact Lists > Sales Distribution List
Please Note: This is an internal list. Only people who are employees of the account (i.e., Already in the list Administration > Account Settings > Employees) are in the Sales Distribution list and will receive notifications when a conversion occurs.
Steps to add someone to the Sales Distribution List
- If not already in the account, add the contact as an employee of the account (Administration > Account Settings > Employees > [Add Employee])
- Edit the employee contact (click the pencil icon by the employee contact in the Employee list)
- Click on the Contact Details tab
- Scroll down to Contact Lists
- Click 'Add To List'
- Select Sales Distribution
Note: If the Sales Distribution List is empty, every time someone fills out a form, the technical contact will get an email stating that an error has occurred
Note: If sending leads to an email address that is unsubscribed, they will need to either remove the unsubscribed contact from the list or fix the issue that is causing the lead to be blocked (and hence unsubscribing).
As stated in the email, this email was sent for one of two reasons:
- Sending to an empty contact list, or a contact list that contained non-employees
- Sending to an email address that is unsubscribed or is invalid
This email will also specify the workflow that sent the email, the account that workflow is in, and the contact list or email address that caused the error.
In order to set the proper sales list or email for the workflow step to send to, navigate to that workflow and edit the properties of that step.
For a contact list:
For an email address:
The next step is to make sure the step is emailing to a valid list or email. This process is explained in the following support article: Setting Up Sales Lead Notifications in Enquire MAP
How can I send the lead notifications to more people than just me?
The lead notifications are typically distributed to everyone who is an employee of your account and is on the Sales Notifications contact list.
- Navigate to Contacts > Contact Lists, find the list Sales Notifications
- Add the employee to the list
It is important, only contacts who are employees will get lead notifications. Hence, there may be the situation where not everyone on the Sales Notifications contact list will get a lead notification (non employees of the account who are on the list will not get notifications.
Please reach out to the dedicated Enquire Account Manager or Enquire MAP Support team for further assistance.