What is the Difference between a Static and Dynamic Contact Lists?
In Enquire MAP, there are two types of contact lists:
- Static Contact List
- Dynamic Contact List
Static Contact List
A static contact list is essentially a bucket where the User can place people into a list in many ways:
- Contact edit screen - Add To List
- Workflow - Add To List/Remove From List
- Edit the list - Add Contacts query in the list builder/Remove contacts query in the contact list builder
- It as the benefit of not having any restrictions, so the User can quickly add people to any list, etc. The downside of this list is that there is no guarantee as to who is in the list and why they got there.
Typical Uses: imports, quick collections of people, lead distribution, etc
Dynamic Contact List
A dynamic contact list has a governing query that collects contacts based upon the state of the contact. The dynamic list query ensures that:
- The members of the list meet the governing query criteria.
- The only way a contact can get into the dynamic list is if the contact meets the query criteria.
- There is no way to 'add a contact' to a dynamic list directly.
- It is updated on a defined periodic basis and not 'real - time'.
- The User can configure the update frequency.
Typical Uses: Reporting
Please reach out to the dedicated Enquire Account Manager or Enquire MAP Support team for further assistance.