The (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy in the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the transfer of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas.
Enquire MAP has three elements to help with this process:
- Cookie accept history capture
- Full visit history on any visitor
Using the Enquire MAP Template
- Create a new Popup by navigating to Assets > Popups
- Click +NEW POPUP
Create a Custom Style of Popup
- Create a popup in the style of choice.
- Consider using GEO-IP country targeting to restrict the popup appearance to those countries under the GDPR.
Set the Close conditions for the Popup to be Close on Form Submit
Edit the form on the Popup. Remove all fields except the submit button (this will be the accept condition).
Add a Hidden field ID element to the form
- In the Auto Responder tab, set the standard field Cookie Accepted.
- When the Cookie Accepted standard field is set, it will create a Cookie Accepted history item on the prospect's timeline.
- Set the confirmation then set the confirmation action to be 'in place message' Please Note: No need to worry about the message, as it will never be seen.
Adding a 'I do not accept' button
As part of the GDPR, we suggest taking an extra step to remove the contact from the DB if they chose not accept.
- Simply add another form to the Popup then remove all fields on the form. Next, add a hidden contact ID to the form. Consider formatting the button as a link (underline text and button bg is the same as the form.
In the Auto Responder, insert a Forget Contact action. This will push the contact into the forget me audit table.
Please reach out to the dedicated Enquire Account Manager or Enquire MAP Support team for further assistance.