What To Do When Contacts Drop Out of or Exit Drip Campaigns in Enquire MAP?
When activating an email campaign and notice that contacts are exiting, there are a variety of reasons to explain this. Access the Analytics Reports Drip Campaign Reports, it provides view all the campaign exits for a specific campaign under the Campaign Exits section.
Most Common Reasons for Campaign Exits:
- Logic Errors - an error in the logic of the workflow, i.e.: a decision that only has one path away from it and inevitably, provide a means for users to fall out of the campaign. In this situation, try to ensure that there is a sequence of steps that contacts can follow should they fail the decision, as shown below:
A Goal Has Been Completed - Where a goal on the campaign shows a contact has completed the goal, they will be removed from the campaign provided the following box checked on in your campaign overview tab:
- The contact has already gone through the campaign previously - If you have the box checked on below, then any contact who has previously been in this campaign before will be removed.
- They No Longer Match The Trigger Query - If this box is checked below then anyone who no longer matches the conditions set in the trigger query will be removed from the campaign. For example, let's say you only want to send emails to people who you don't have a phone number for. If at any point someone in this campaign gets a phone number associated to their contact profile, they will be dropped from this campaign if the check box above is selected:
- The contact's email has bounced - sometimes a contact's email addresses has become deactivated for numerous reasons. Perhaps the address itself has an error in it. Regardless, the email address being sent to incurs a bounce and therefore, not delivered. When this occurs, Enquire MAP will automatically remove them from the campaign, unsubscribing them from future campaigns. There is a way to identify which contacts that are bounced by looking at Analytics Reports Drip Campaign Report to scroll down to the Bounces section.
- The Contact Simply Unsubscribed - where they have received an email then clicked the Unsubscribe link to complete the unsubscribe process.
- A team member deleted a Wait step in a campaign - where every contact in a campaign in that given Wait step will drop from the campaign.
Please reach out to the dedicated Enquire Account Manager or Enquire MAP Support team for further assistance.