How to Password Protect a Landing Page in Enquire MAP
Password protecting a page will block it from search engines, but it won't encrypt any sensitive data. Only after being given and entering the page password, visitors will be able to view the page content. The user can manage the password prompt page template in the website settings within their account settings.
There are several steps to setting up this type of system. Outlined below are steps to take to avoid access to sensitive data within landing pages:
- Create a custom field that is a lookup key for the password: https://www.screencast.com/t/kkPejkBmD
- Create a custom field that lets the system know if you uploaded the password, or if someone just entered it: https://www.screencast.com/t/TgGjVYmOhgOj
- Upload your list of passwords to Enquire MAP. Use email address as the lookup key, and update the password custom field with the person's password, and the "password uploaded" custom field with true (or 1).
- On your form, use the password custom field: https://www.screencast.com/t/11H58wLvc52
- Have the form redirect to an intermediate page: https://www.screencast.com/t/ah7h9DWR6rq
- The intermediate page will have only a dynamic content block on it.
- The default block will say "Sorry wrong password" and have the following script placed on the row:
- Create another version of the block with this query: https://www.screencast.com/t/44IUSqdth and this script added to the dynamic block row:
So how does this work?
If the person enters a password that the User uploaded, the block the User created in step 6 will redirect them to the page that is password protect.ed If the person enters a password the User didn't upload, the second custom field will not be set and they will see the "wrong password" dynamic block and be sent back to the login screen.
This solution gives each person their own password, and then the User knows who exactly viewed the page. The User can do something similar if they just want to use one password for everyone by checking on the dynamic block if they entered the "global password" or not.
Please reach out to the dedicated Enquire Account Manager or Enquire MAP Support team for further assistance.