Posting Transactions to Google Analytics While Using Enquire MAP
Enquire MAP can post Transactions to Google Analytics. Unlike custom events where the user gets Category, Action, Label, and Value, transactions come with more built in parameters to better track an eCommerce or online sale made. Additionally, transactions come with a TransactionID, Affiliation, Revenue, Shipping and Tax.
- Setup the Enquire MAP account
- Authenticate Enquire MAP with Google Analytics
- Have eCommerce tracking setup on Google Analytics
The “Post Google Analytics Transaction” action is available from standard Enquire MAP workflows as well as Form Auto Responders.
The user can set Transaction parameters with static values or dynamically populate fields like revenue and shipping with Enquire MAP fields.
Google Services Integration
For those packages (Call Tracking, Small Business Marketer, Corporate Marketer, Agency Marketer) that support website integration, connecting Enquire MAP to Google Services will unlock several dashboard widgets.
Google Analytics Integration
Enquire MAP integrates easily and seamlessly with Google Analytics to deliver rich insight into online campaigns and conversions.
Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about a website's traffic and traffic sources and measures conversions and sales.
Connect the Google Analytics account with Enquire MAP:
- Log into Google Analytics account here: http://www.google.ca/analytics/. If without one, the need to create one is important.
- Once logged in, click Admin at the top of any Analytics page.
- Use the menu at the top of the columns to select the account specified.
- There are 3 columns of attributes: Account, Property, View
- Under Property, click on Tracking Info-Tracking Code
- Copy the Tracking ID (UA-XXXXXX...)
- In Enquire MAP, select the account settings (
- Scroll down to Account Setup
- Click on integrations
- In the Edit Box, GA Account ID, paste the Google Analytics Tracking ID
- Save Account
Authorize Google Analytics:
- In the Enquire MAP Account Settings, scroll to Third Party Applications
- Click the Add Application Button
- Select "Google" from the drop down list
- Enter Google email address in the email address field. The email address must have full access to the Google Analytics account to authenticate.
- Click the icon under the "Authenticated" heading
- Select the Google account that corresponds to the Google Email address typed in step 4
Google Ads (AdWords) Integration
Google Ads reporting is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about ongoing Google paid advertising.
- Authenticate Google account as per the previous section of this article
- Log into Google Ads account
- The Customer ID will be at the top corner of any Ads page, near the email address. Do not use the MCC ID, this must be the Customer Ads Account ID.
As Google has now restricted what data is given publicly on ad clicks, use ValueTrack parameters to communicate the ad data to Enquire MAP.
As there is no restriction on the labels used when setting up the parameters, Enquire MAP needs to know which labels to use for the parameters in Ads. In the account settings (navigate to Administration > Account Settings) specify the ValueTrack parameter labels used in the Ads Account.
Please Note: Enquire recommends setting up Google Analytics Goals and linking them to Google Adwords.
Please reach out to the dedicated Enquire Account Manager or Enquire MAP Support team for further assistance.