Set up a registration page before uploading assets
An asset are defined as any of the following:
- White paper
- Data sheet
Being able to acquire contact information is a key element to marketing. Having protected assets help build the contact list to use for future marketing initiatives. Here is how to use the Gated File functionality in Enquire MAP.
- Select Files then click New File
- Select an appropriate Name for the file that is precise in description. Please reference in Landing Pages the dynamic field %CONTENT_ASSET.ASSET_FILE_NAME%
- Provide a Description of the asset, i.e. January 2014 Data Sheet for Widget XYZ. Please reference in Landing Pages the dynamic fields %CONTENT_ASSET.DESCRIPTION%
Note: If anonymous, provide the full URL to an Enquire MAP form that will be presented to the user in the event they have not already registered for a gated file.
- Click Select Asset and upload the opted asset (i.e. image, video, document, and/ or compressed file types.
- Finally, click Save Asset
Setting Up Protected Assets, Gated Files
In Enquire MAP, the Gated Files function is an easy and simple way to force on-line users to complete a form before accessing the hosted file. Once the person has completed the form, the file is easily accessible and tracked. Every time a person downloads the file, it shows up on the prospect's timeline, and there are asset reports to show the performance of a given file.
Note: File Gating is only supported in the Corporate Marketer package. Small Business Marketer has tracked files, not gated files. All file downloads with both packages have the ability to be tracked but the gating option is only available with with the Corporate Marketer.
Using the Gated File link
Once saved, a public access URL will be provided, i.e. , that enables the user to embed it within an email, http://www2.yourdomain.com/submit/download/76 place on a website, or included within an online directory.
What happens when the Gated File Link is clicked?
Enquire MAP will verify if the user is registered in Enquire MAP once the gated file link is clicked. If unable to be verified, a registration form will be presented to complete and submitted in order to be given access to the particular asset. The given link provided to users will expires quickly to further prevent users from being able to share the same link.
Note: It is important to understand that the domain for the public link needs to be the same as the form submit domain. If the registration page is an Enquire MAP landing page, everything will work without special considerations. If an embedded form is being used on the website as a registration form, the URL will need to be changed to reflect the destination that the forms is sent to. By default, export URL location that a form is submitted to will appear as:
<form action='https://submit.activedemand.com/submit/form/<form ID>
Additionally, the URL location will need to be changed to be in line with the shared link domain to reflect:
<form action='http://www2.yourdomain.com/submit/form/<form ID>
The above URL assumes that the www2 subdomain is set up
If using the WordPress plugin and shortcodes for the AD form, the form code cannot be edited and the only option will be to create the form in AD then export the HTML to be embedded into the website.
Note: Ensure that the form does not use an in-place confirmation, and that the AD form is set to either:
- A redirect to a confirmation page
- A 'display the following message' page in which the system-generated, confirmation is created.
Note: that this page is never displayed as the asset is presented in its place.
Setting Up Protected Assets (Gated Files) in Enquire MAP
The Gated Files function in Enquire MAP is an easy and simple way to force online users to complete a form before accessing the hosted file. If the person has filled out the form, the file is easily accessible and tracked. Every time a person downloads the file, it shows up on the prospect's timeline, and there are asset reports that show the performance of a given file.
Please Note: File Gating is only supported in the Corporate Marketer package. The Small Business Marketer package offers tracked files and not gated files. The User can track all file downloads with both packages but the File Gating is only offered with the Corporate Marketer package. Tip: Set up a registration page before uploading assets.
An asset can be a white paper, data sheet, brochure, video or other document. Acquiring contact information is a key element to marketing. Protected Assets help the User build the contact list to use for future marketing initiatives. Here is how to use the Gated File functionality in Enquire MAP.
- From the Assets menu in Enquire MAP select Files and then click New File
- Name: This refers to the name that the User gives the file. The more descriptive the better. This can be referenced in Landing Pages with the dynamic field %CONTENT_ASSET.ASSET_FILE_NAME%
- Description: Provide a description of the asset. I.E, January 2014 Data Sheet for Widget XYZ. This can be referenced in Landing Pages with the dynamic fields %CONTENT_ASSET.DESCRIPTION%
- If anonymous, register here: The User must provide the full URL to an Enquire MAP form. This is the form that will be presented to the User in the event that they have not already registered for a gated file.
- File: Click Select Asset and upload the asset. Image, video, document, and compressed file types are allowed.
- Finally, click Save Asset