Getting started with Enquire MAP Email Split Testing and Multivariate
The concept of split testing is very simple: There are two versions of an email; and, there is one specific varying element between the two versions. Send each version of the email to a subset of the total contact database. Watch to see what the impact of the variant in the two versions is.
Multivariate testing is the same a split testing. Instead of looking at two specific versions, we are looking at multiple versions of the email varying different components.
For Split testing in Enquire MAP, follow the steps below:
- Start by creating a newsletter campaign. Please connect with Enquire MAP Support for more information about setting up a newsletter campaign.
- Create the entire newsletter email then click the Create Alt. Version button on the top right corner. It is important to finish the original email version first because once the User creates an alternate version it's really making a copy of the existing email, and allowing for certain changes on the new one.
- A pop up will come up. Select that this version will be sent "as a candidate in a split test". Name it something relevant to what is being tested on the email. For example: "With Preheader Text", "Without Preheader Text".
- Once having created the second version, the User can switch between them by selecting the correct version from the drop down menu on the top of the builder.
- To edit the split / multivariate test settings, go to the "Email Versions" tab. Here, set what percentage of the contact list will receive which version. For example, the User could set it to test on 10% of the entire contact list; half will receive one version, and the other half will receive the other one. The remainder of the list, will receive the email that got the better open rate.
Please reach out to the dedicated Enquire Account Manager or Enquire MAP Support team for further assistance.